Friday, April 8, 2011

Caution: This could get a bit sappy...

Tonight is the senior exhibition show for IPFW's graduating seniors in Graphic Design. I'm so proud of my dear friend, Amy, and all she's gone through from inspiration to completion.

As I approach my senior year, it's hard not to be intimidated about finding that perfect idea, and having a smashing show of my own next spring. Yet the more I self-analyze, trying to find those things that make me unique, and original, the more I think about Josh. My greatest achievement to-date is committing to be his wife. The most rewarding part of accomplishing anything is knowing he'll be proud. He's what makes life wonderful for me. I have no idea how I'll put that in a show, or if I should...but as I'm brainstorming, it's worth noting that Josh is probably my muse on some level.

As we approach two years, I'm looking back thinking this is probably the best it's ever been. I'm really more in love with him now than I ever have been. And it's thanks to a lot of growing and compromising together, and choosing to accept nothing less than the greatest relationship ever. Our intimacy remains my sanctuary.

Basically, my best friend is cooler than your best friend...in my opinion.

This captures our feelings when we were first announced "husband and wife"

Our regular date nights at the movies...Avatar 3D

Josh "helping" me with a photo shoot for school

Our first family vacation

His laugh is my favorite

My favorite place in the whole world with my favorite person

Playing dress-up for Valentine's Day

We're pretty much incredible. Even my brother Sam has to admit it.