Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A few digital designs

I've been working on a 22x30 inch drawing for the past few weeks. It's a detailed, large scale drawing of a portion of my face and neck for my Drawing II class (which is primarily focused on self-portraiture and hand drawings). I will also be starting a record cover design for my Computer Art I class next week. With these in-process projects going on, I haven't had anything new to show for awhile, so I decided to pull out some projects from earlier this semester and from some previous semesters.

As a disclaimer, I've noticed that my style varies a great deal from project to project, at least digitally. I'm more consistent in drawings, and sculpture. I hope to photograph some of my Design II (more sculpture work), and Color Design (color studies, which were often illustrations) classes soon.

And once I take photography, maybe I'll post something like a portfolio of my work from my seven fundamental design courses:

Drawing Fundamentals I
Drawing Fundamentals II
Design Fundamentals I
Design Fundamentals II
Color Design
Computer Art I
Photography Fundamentals

Without further ado, here are some digital pieces from the past year or so.


Package Label Design for Elizabeth's Grounds Coffee Roasting Company, Spring 2009

Design Fundamentals I
Instructor: Barbara Tuck


Magazine Advertisement for Elizabeth Jewelers, Spring 2009.

Design Fundamentals I
Instructor: Barbara Tuck


Advertisement for Speedo Sports Water, Spring 2009

Design Fundamentals I
Instructor: Barbara Tuck

Note: This was an assignment that focused on surrealism. The tiny swimmers in the water droplets, against the large scale swimmer behind, is intended to create a surreal affect.


Reconstruction of a Norman Rockwell Self Portrait, Spring 2010

Computer Art I
Instructor: Matthew Walsh

Note: This was an assignment that required that I place my own self portrait within a famous print, creating a seamless alteration. I was also instructed to place several objects within the scene that weren't there in the original. I added the post magazines on the floor (which Norman Rockwell illustrated), and the rusty football helmet by the waste basket.

That's all for now (at least all I care to share). Perhaps I'll photograph some of my sculptures and drawn pieces and post those later.